How to Add Favicon Logo to Homestead Website
I learned how to add a trademark icon or logo to my homestead website today. It’s called a favicon and the term means favorite icon. This is a small image that gets displayed in a visitor’s browser when they visit your website. It is also shown in the bookmarked favorites section when someone saves your site to their browser file. By adding this small image to your business or hobby web site, you will be developing a professional appearance and a nice website design.
You are going to need an image or logo. If you have developed on and it is stored on your computer that’s great. If not you can visit http://www.favicon.cc/ and create a logo trademark for your site.
There are many free favicon generators that will work fine for creating the trademark from an existing image to be added to your Intuit/Homestead website.
Follow These Steps For Creating an Homestead Website Icon Logo
1) Search Google for “favicon maker.”
2) Browse your computer and upload the image to the favicon generator.
3) Then save the logo to your computer.
4) Login to the Homestead Site Builder program and open the file manager.
5) Top left, click on the “import” icon.
6) Browse your computer and locate the favicon trademark that you downloaded.
7) Import it into the sitebuilder file manager.
8) Find the imported trademark, lft click once to highlight it and right click it to select publish.
9) Remember the file name exactly as it is listed in the Sitebuilder’s file manager.
10) Open your Index page and click on the “advanced” tab.
11) Enter this code <link rel=”shortcut icon” type=”image/x-icon” href=”/favicon.ico“>
12) Replace the bold area of the code with the file name that was in the file manager.
13) Publish the page.
That should complete the process of adding a favicon logo to your Homestead website program. If for some reason it doesn’t appear, delete your brower’s history and close the window and reopen it. Login to your Intuit website and the favicon trademark should be displayed. If it is not then you will have to try the steps again, perhaps you missed something when adding the favicon code to your Homestead advanced section.